In order to help keep your pet happy and healthy, we recommend the following:
- A yearly DISTEMPER, RHINOTRACHEITIS, and CALICI VACCINATION (FVRCP).
- A RABIES VACCINATION is required by Virginia State Law.
- A yearly FELINE LEUKEMIA VACCINATION. All cats should be tested for the Leukemia virus. Outdoor cats should be vaccinated with a series of 2 vaccinations before receiving yearly boosters.
- A yearly STOOL CHECK to test for intestinal parasites. Please try to bring a stool sample, it’s easier for your cat and enables us to have a good specimen.
- Monthly HEARTWORM PREVENTION-increasingly we are finding more cats with heartworms.
- All cats not intended for breeding should be altered-both males and females by 6 months of age.
- Apply monthly FLEA AND TICK CONTROL. Ask about products we recommend.
- Feed your cat a healthy diet. Ask about diets we recommend.